Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

English College in Poland?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bridgmf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: English College in Poland? Reply with quote

I wonder if anyone has heard of any scams from someone claiming to be from English College in Radom, Poland. I replied to a job posting from Dave's job forum and received a reply. But I have been contacted by scam artists before, and I just want to be sure this is legit before I get myself into a bad situation. The contact information from the emails is as follows:

Witold Machlarz
ENGLISH COLLEGE
email: [email protected]
tel. 695 25 77 75

It seems legit, but I'm paranoid. Any help would be so very greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
Jack Walker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of that school personally.Why not just google some info about it and take it from there?
Jack
Gowump

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're legit. I've known people who have worked there and I know people who are working there now. Apparently not a bad place to work.
mvsd87

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working there right now -- I can answer any questions you have about the place. And yes, it's definitely legitimate.
BocaNY

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mvsd87 wrote:
I'm working there right now -- I can answer any questions you have about the place. And yes, it's definitely legitimate.

Am also looking to apply for that job. Can you tell me more about the school. Is it a good place to work for? Do they pay you enough to live on? Are the people friendly? And what is Poland like?

Thanks for any info you can provide.
greyskymornings

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: English College in Radom, Poland Reply with quote

Hey guys,

If anyone has any information about English College (Poland) headquartered in Radom, I have a ton of questions!!

I am in the middle of the application process right now and would really like to know more about the school/contract from someone that has been there, or is there currently!!

Thank you!
eurobound

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: English College in Radom, Poland Reply with quote

greyskymornings wrote:
Hey guys,

If anyone has any information about English College (Poland) headquartered in Radom, I have a ton of questions!!

I am in the middle of the application process right now and would really like to know more about the school/contract from someone that has been there, or is there currently!!

Thank you!

I started to apply here yesterday so would be interested to hear things as well... Whereabouts in Korea are you coming from, greyskymornings?
maniak

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea... but its in Radom.
delphian-domine

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maniak wrote:
Yea... but its in Radom.

Not a particularly nice place.

I know several people from there, and all of them got out as soon as they could.
rebe413

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Legit, nice place to work Reply with quote

I worked at English College a year ago.

Pros: great students, less working hours, variety of classes and skill levels, low cost of living in Radom, no transportation costs, comfortable studio flats included, generous bonuses, caring bosses, nice vacation time, reimbursed for Visa costs, health insurance, etc.

Cons: working evenings, commuting to other towns for work can add 2 ours to your day, flats located far from town centre, three bosses who are not always on the same page, sometimes Polish co-teachers are not communicative, online register is not user friendly, takes a lot of time to put in lesson plans and give daily points for each class and each student, little to no discipline policies in place, "customer is always right" attitude about students, pay is okay for Radom but low for Poland

Overall, it depends on what you're looking for and what you want from your job. I would be happy to answer more specific questions.
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Show me the money! Reply with quote

How much do they pay per month and do you get paid through the summer if you agree to stay? Let's annualise the income and get a figure over a 12-month period.

Radom...of skinhead hooligan fame.
ecocks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Legit, nice place to work Reply with quote

rebe413 wrote:
I worked at English College a year ago.

Pros: great students, less working hours, variety of classes and skill levels, low cost of living in Radom, no transportation costs, comfortable studio flats included, generous bonuses, caring bosses, nice vacation time, reimbursed for Visa costs, health insurance, etc.

Cons: working evenings, commuting to other towns for work can add 2 ours to your day, flats located far from town centre, three bosses who are not always on the same page, sometimes Polish co-teachers are not communicative, online register is not user friendly, takes a lot of time to put in lesson plans and give daily points for each class and each student, little to no discipline policies in place, "customer is always right" attitude about students, pay is okay for Radom but low for Poland

Overall, it depends on what you're looking for and what you want from your job. I would be happy to answer more specific questions.

How did you find Radom in terms of living? Costs? Social? Cultural?

I have a buddy looking at a job there but wanted some credible information on the living conditions and general environment to pass along to him. He likes his beer but is more into la roulette femme and getting around Europe a bit on the trains and buses for a year or two.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dexterity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to know more about English College and Radom, feel free to message me privately. I've worked there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: