Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Catch 22…it's all in Spanish!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lotuseater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject: Catch 22…it's all in Spanish! Reply with quote

I'm being dramatic, of course, but I have found myself in an oddly comic situation. Taking in all of the good advice from those who responded to my earlier post, I began a search of the recommended universities and places. What was I thinking? I can poke around on uni websites with my understanding of Spanish, but there is no way on God's green earth that I will be able to make an application or conduct an interview in Spanish.

It's probably as easy as writing an intro email and sending it to the Contacts address. That comes next. It took forever, but ELP Fellow application is in. Time to explore other directions a little more seriously.

Anyone teaching in the ESL/EFL departments at any universities? Or, do you know of someone? It doesn't seem to be the type of job to just show up at the front door with your handful of credentials, buy hey, if that's what it is…guess I'll be on a road trip later this year!

It's all a part of the adventure…

LE Smile
HLJHLJ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just send it in English, they will forward it on. I've never been expected to apply or interview in Spanish. However, finding a job here is exactly as you say. You turn up with your CV/resume, looking the part, and you knock on doors. I know it sounds insane, I was also dubious, but really, that's how it's done.
lotuseater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HLJHLJ wrote:
...However, finding a job here is exactly as you say. You turn up with your CV/resume, looking the part, and you knock on doors. I know it sounds insane, I was also dubious, but really, that's how it's done.

Well, that settles that! If ELP doesn't want me as a Fellow, a road trip it is! I might as well start in Mexico and work my way down. When I'm ready to make this happen, I shall throw a line in the water and see who has the time and energy to show me their fair town.

Note to self: don't forget to throw an 'interview' outfit in your rucksack! Smile

Thanks, HLJ!

LE

Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Latin America Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: