Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life in Salalah

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zu015

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Life in Salalah Reply with quote

Dear friends,

need some information about living cost in Salalah, oman
-What is the rent of two bedroom apartment (around Dhofar university)

- An offer of 1600 OMR for a family of 2 and 3 kids is it good.

appreciate your feedback
1st Sgt Welsh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: Life in Salalah Reply with quote

zu015 wrote:

need some information about living cost in Salalah, oman

You can pick up a nice, spacious villa right on the beach with courtyard for 300 OMR a month.

zu015 wrote:

I don't a wife and kids so I don't want to comment too much on this. However, I know people who do support families here on that kind of income so it must be possible. In regards to schooling, as far as I know, there is only one international school in Salalah and it's a primary school.

Good luck!
madrileno

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: Life in Salalah Reply with quote

zu015 wrote:

A two bedroom apt should set you back no more than OR 300/mo, and if you want to be near DU, then you'll be able to find villas within that price range as well. Villas on the beach like what Walsh recommended can be found for the same, but you will pay more if you desire a 12 month lease.

zu015 wrote:

I know of subcontinental families that manage to live on that, but all the Western expats I know with kids are on dual incomes, so they can afford bigger and nicer places. It also depends on the ages of kids.

If they're under 5, good nannies can be found that are affordable, and definitely make life easier. If they're school age, you'll be paying more for tuition obviously.

There are three international schools in Salalah that I know of. There are both Indian and a Pakistani international schools as well as the Salalah International school (which seems to be the one Westerners prefer). I know all of these are least K-6, but beyond that, I'm not certain. From what I gather the only decent secondary international schools are up in Muscat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Oman All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: