Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any One Have Contact with ITTO-Guadalajara?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldandNew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:36 am    Post subject: Any One Have Contact with ITTO-Guadalajara? Reply with quote

Has any body had dealing With ITTO-Guadalajara? . . .ITTO (International Teacher Training Organization) is a TESOL Certification org . . .
>
I am a single male, age 63 in good health. I currently enrolled in an online MA-TESOL program at an accredited university in the states. I will be moving to Guadalajara this summer and will continue my studies as I also look for TESOL employment. I successfully completed their ITTO onlne 150 Hr TESOL Certificate and they claim I have a guaranteed job when I arrive. . .
>
-Master's TESOL - Online (2017 Graduate)
-TESOL Technology Cert - Online (2015)
-TESOL Business English Cert - Online (2015)
-TESOL (150 Hr) Cert - Online (2015)
-BA Accounting - Online (2015)
-AS Engineering Technology (1976)
-Led Bi-Lingual product usage-safety seminars in Los Angeles, CA 1985 - 2010
>
Side Note: I lived in Guadalajara from 1985-1990 and speak a respectable Spanish. I also have a $1,300US monthly income . . .Is this enough for a comfortable basic living in a 1 bedroom furnished apt in a decent/safe 'non-gringo neighborhood'?
>
Thanks to all who respond - Muy amable
Phil_K

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Others will be able to give better advice regarding your qualifications, but I can tell you that you will be able to live pretty comfortably with your US income given the current $17.5 MXN > $1 USD exchange rate, and especially as you will have further income from your work in Mexico.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you'll live just fine on that income in GDL.

ITTO cannot guarantee a job for you - no one can do that (read their fine print).

I know ITTO and their regular in house TEFL course - it can be very good when you have a good lead instructor in place, which was Raul Gonzalez earlier in 2015. I don't know about their online course though...

Question for you - are you coming to GDL more to live or more to work? The living part will be easy enough on your regular income. The work part - not so easy. You'll be able t pick up private classes and some company classes here and there but you're going to run into ageism for any meaningful, full time employment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: