Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

els, plzen?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrea

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: els, plzen? Reply with quote

does anybody know anything about this school? I sent them an email yesterday asking if they had any positions open for the 2003/04 school year (got their name off a list of language schools in the cz) and they replied today offering me a job. I sent them my cv and all that, but I highly doubt they had time to contact any of my references or anything. And their reply wasn't even "we've recieved your cv and will look it over, we might be able to offer you a job"; it was "welcome to our team and to the czech republic." I don't know...I'd love to accept this job...but it just seems a little fishy that they would offer me a job so fast. They're offering 21 - 24,000 crowns and help with a flat and visa stuff...
but i don't know...anybody know anything about this school? or have any experience in plzen?
bnix

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: "Welcome to Our Team"? Yeah,Right.... Reply with quote

You are very well-advised to treat their offer with a great deal of caution(as you should with most private schools).
I have not taught for ELS,but I have lived and taught in Plzen(beautiful city...I prefer it to Prague) and the school you mention does not exactly have a sterling rep.

Why are they so anxious to hire you...and why SO FAST? Very good questions.Could it be that they have a high turnover?You are smart to treat their"offer" with suspicion.

And do not fall for that old"we will help you with housing and your visa" line.One of the oldest dodges in the business.Do not go unless they PROVIDE free housing.Even with the salary you mention(21,000 plus crowns a month.)..they should provide the housing.Help with the visa?Well,maybe they will and maybe they won't.
By the way,are you EU ?(they are going EU in 2004).The paperwork for a Czech work permit was a nightmare BEFORE EU...and now it will probably be even worse.

Be careful with this one! Rolling Eyes Welcome to our team indeed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: