Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back to CZ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coffeespoonman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:03 am    Post subject: Back to CZ? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Bit of background here. I left the USA to find fame and fortune in Prague 12 years ago and failed miserably. Ended up running out of money and heading to Istanbul to get back on my feet. Stayed there longer than I expected (6 years), then moved to China and stayed longer than I expected (6 years). I've got a great a great job here, and could stick around for a few years yet, I suppose, but having done the whole career building thing for a decade or so, I'd really like to go back to Europe and live somewhere pleasant for the medium/long term. And still, my number one choice would be CZ (not necessarily only Prague).

My quals are BA and MA English and a DELTA. My experience is, among other things, more than a decade in universities. The majority of those years were in management in very large, reputable, international institutions.

I would obviously prefer to find work in a university, though an international school would be alright if the opportunity presented. I don't necessarily need to save money, but I would need to have a good enough salary to have a comfortable life for someone in the middle of their career. I'm also married (to a Turkish woman), with no children and no real plans to have any at this point.

So, my question to you Czech experts is - is there any place in the Czech Republic for someone like me, or is it just a fantasy?
spiral78

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, private language centers and TEFL training centers would be interested in you. The problem is that university and international school gigs are few and far between.
I guess that if you pay some dues building a local rep and contacts, you'd eventually find something reasonable, but doubtful that you'd find something at a uni/int'l school ready for you to walk into from abroad. These days there are a fair number of people on the streets with quals and experience similar to yours.
coffeespoonman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. Guess maybe it's best to milk China for a while longer...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: