Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When the "well runs dry"... What's next?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
siologen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: re: teaching in the desert anthems..... Reply with quote

Interesting to hear you met Robert Plant in person, oh scary hairy one Twisted Evil Cool Laughing

I always thought one of the songs for teachers in remote parts of the kingdom was America-Horse with no name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2naehMUQpQY

In the desert you can't remember your name, 'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain, tra lallalalalala

Cool Laughing Very Happy
Grendal

Location: Lurking in the depths of the Faisaliah Tower underground parking.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: re: teaching in the desert anthems..... Reply with quote

siologen wrote:
Interesting to hear you met Robert Plant in person, oh scary hairy one Twisted Evil Cool Laughing

I always thought one of the songs for teachers in remote parts of the kingdom was America-Horse with no name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2naehMUQpQY

In the desert you can't remember your name, 'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain, tra lallalalalala

Cool Laughing Very Happy

nice link but it goes into Hotel California after that, and it just depresses me (thinking about the insane asylum that had the same nickname)

But back to "horse with no name" the refrain la la la la la la x 9 reminds me of the question I asked Mr Plant. It went something like this..."How many times is baby baby said in A Whole Lot of Love? Because I am confused when I hear different live versions of it with varying amounts of baby baby, and on the album it is only said X number of times. What is the official amount of times baby baby must be said?"

He bought me a beer after that question and changed the subject.

enjoy

Grendal
scot47

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the Saudis tell you it is time to go, come and join me on my island. i will have a word with the Marquess and he will allocate you a humble cottage where you can live out your days in Peace and Quiet. And non-stop rain.

You can join me in reflecting on the folly of a career in TEFL.
Makkah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna "pump this oil well for what it's worth". Ipad in hand, loving it even more, all good.😃😃😃😃 Total laugh a minute. MBS should really have a look under the hood of Aramco. Guys are milking it for what it's worth.😄😄😄

Though pending IPO 5% and prospectus could see a lot of institutional investors look at how much in services is contracted out.

As it stands keep them petrodollars coming.
desert_traveller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when? it is running out, and this is what happens

if you are on a high expat salary basically nothing

if you get below 10k it may signal the end of your tenure especially if you are with your family

by the way their problem is not running out of oil but running out of exportable oil, the increase rate of their internal consumption is the problem, not the reserves
siologen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: re: exportable oil? Reply with quote

Quote:
by the way their problem is not running out of oil but running out of exportable oil, the increase rate of their internal consumption is the problem, not the reserves

I was under the impression places like Russia and Venezuela had more reserves than the kingdom. I think what you posted was the reason why the UAE switched to running buses on CNG, to avoid consumption of dwindling reserves at home?
nomad soul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
when? it is running out, and this is what happens

if you are on a high expat salary basically nothing

if you get below 10k it may signal the end of your tenure especially if you are with your family

by the way their problem is not running out of oil...

Expat teacher salaries started "running dry" years before oil prices slumped.

Expat families at 10,000 SAR/mo will have to look outside the GCC for work or return home. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: