Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best paid job in UAE for qualified and experienced teacher?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WanderMan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject: Best paid job in UAE for qualified and experienced teacher? Reply with quote

My wife and I both want to move overseas to places we'll make more money. She says as a nurse she'll make the most in UAE.
I am a fairly qualified teacher, where would I make the most in UA and how much would I make there? I am thinking of applying to International Schools, ESL Schools, DOD schools from the US or possibly even UAE universities, (I don't know if my qualifications could get me those jobs or not)

I have 5 years of teaching experience, including 2 years teaching ESL in Saudi Arabia and 1 year teaching High School Social studies in USA. I am just completing my Masters in education and my teaching certificate for the state of Washington and I have a BA in English and Political Science and a TESOL certificate.
I am open to teaching ESL, social studies or any other subject, it would not be that hard for me to get certified in math or science. I prefer to teach secondary or adults, but I am willing to teach any age if the pay is right.
What do you suggest?
nomad soul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your qualifications won't be enough to compete for a university English foundation position. The few spots that do open up attract plenty of MA TESOL holders with extensive Gulf tertiary experience.

However, for public and international schools, generally your degree, experience, and k12 teaching license/cert must all be in the same subject. Check out job ads to get an idea of what positions your quals might get you.
dragonpiwo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject: erm Reply with quote

I'm in the UAE so you can pm me. You don't have much experience. Everyone I work with has 20 odd years plus. It might be hard for you.
baa_baa

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi check out teachaway. and seek teachers. best two recruiters with highest paying jobs in uae. GOOD LUCK Smile
WanderMan

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baa_baa wrote:
hi check out teachaway. and seek teachers. best two recruiters with highest paying jobs in uae. GOOD LUCK Smile

Thanks for the tip!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Arab Emirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: