Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

teaching in Portugal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rupertchapman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: teaching in Portugal Reply with quote

Dear readers,

I am currently looking for full-time teaching vacancies in Portugal. I have a CELTA qualification, 2 years experience and EU status. However, I have found absolutely nothing on the internet (or elsewhere) as a resource for teachers thinking of working in Portugal. If anyone can advise me on how to get a job in Portugal, or where they are advertised, then please let me know!

Also, I've heard that most schools in Portugal cater for kids lessons in a big way. Personally, I don't like teaching kids, so what are the chances of teaching adults and/or corporate classes in that country?

Thankyou in advance for any replies,

Rupert Chapman.
Selyer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: teaching in Portugal Reply with quote

I've got limited experience, but here goes... I did my CELTA at IH Lisbon last summer and the general concensus seemed to be that the best bet for finding a job in Portugal was to go door to door, handing in your CV and inquiring if any positions were available.

I don't know if that's any help. Hopefully someone else can post more info. I'd love to return to Lisbon to work, but alas I haven't got EU status! Crying or Very sad

Good luck in your job hunt! Cool
grahamb

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: Jobs in Portugal Reply with quote

I don't know if you're still looking, Rupert, but IH have some vacancies at the moment. The dreaded word "kids" looms large, however!
Information on this forum about Portugal seems pretty sparse. Is there anyone out there?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: