Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maximum earnings in Poland

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harry Swindells

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ted,

I hope you don't mind my changing your post from a sticky post to a normal post. Sticky is for topics which are more reference posts than questions. Yours is more of a request for information than a reference post. OK?

As to the subject of the post:
In Warsaw you can find free-lance work for around 55 zloty per 45 minutes gross. That nets to 47 zloty = US$12. If you are more enterprising you can set up your own company and find private lessons which pay 80 zloty per 45 minutes. So if you work 30 to 35 lessons of 45 minutes each you can earn about US$2000 per month. It is possible to live reasonably for US$1000 per month (or well on US$1500 per month). EF pays less than US$1000 per month (about US$850 last I heard).

Harry
Harry Swindells

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the money is not that great here when compared to other places. But the lifestyle that you can enjoy with the $1000 that you spend you can have a much better lifestyle than you'd have anywhere else in Europe. And the $1000 you could save every month means that if you stay here for five years you could have repaid a loan for a flat in the city centre.

I'm not sure what your wife could do here in Poland. There are schools in Warsaw which teach Japanese to Poles but I have no idea what qualifications they want for Japanese native speakers. It might be problematic to get a work and/or residents' permit for your wife. Then again it would certainly be possible. If she is going to work in Warsaw she'll have a BIG advantage if she speaks fluent English.

Now if you are qualified to teach primary/secondary school then you could get a job at either the American or British schools in Warsaw and make some better money. But those places can afford to be very selective about who they give jobs to.

Suppose you could always open your own school. If you survive then you can make a lot of money......

Harry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Poland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: