Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greece scam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterbeech

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Greece scam Reply with quote

Hi,

We have just received by email a request for advice on what definitely sounds like a scam.

I'm saddened by this, as I have never come across anything like this in Greece before, but it seems from recent postings on this board that a few of these have sprung up - or possibly the same one using different names?

I see no reason why a genuine employer would ask a prospective teacher to send money.

The details we received are:

Quote:

I have been offered a job in Athens, Greece.

They have responded to my emails and I have spoken with the Principal on his cell phone.

After a resume review and a phone interview, they tell me that I have been approved to come and teach for their school. However, they are asking me to send eu$250 for them to complete the application process and send the contract with airline ticket. I cannot find the school online, and I the emails they send me are riddled with English mistakes. I am sorry to bother you with all of this information. If you can, please let me know if this school is real? The name of the school is A-Z English secondary and primary school Athens. The principles name is Mr. Abraham. Thank you for your time and assistance. I am just being cautious.

Peter
venusss2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the same school that had a posting on ESL Teacher Board for positons in Greece .

I actually applied to both postings via an email message .
I received replies , basically they wanted me to forward my CV .

I am a Greek/Canadian , I also hold a Greek Passport , with that being said its obvious that I am of no use to schools like that .
Did not hear back .

They will probably find a new name for their educational facilities and a new website for postings .

Maria
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Greece All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: