Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

heading for BA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimwynn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: heading for BA Reply with quote

hello to all.. okay i'm new to this forum so bear with me
I will be going to BA at the end of April or beginning of May. My boyfriend is a native there and to give a quick history we met in Vail, CO last year fell in love, BLAH BLAH BLAH, I went to visit him for a few months and he was planning to return to CO this season to work and be with lil ol' me. But.. Alas the day he was to leave the government pulled his visa( over a tiny errror the agency he paid US 1000 to made) and told him not to reapply for 5 to 10 years!!!!!
So I now have to go down there for awhile if this is going to work. My questions, I hope they're not too redundant but as much info as possible from others who know is always a good idea, oh yeah questions...
Being that I know people(my boyfriend, and I also have some family there) is a TEFL certificate neccessary? I hear that it's not terribly important but wanting to increase my odds to find teaching work it seems helpful, I was going to do the online course but I hear some negative stuff so am I better off maybe saving my money and just coming down???
Sorry this is so long winded and all, I think I need to learn to minimize!!!
Marcethebest

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there!
When I was reading your post you reminded me of 2 years ago when I applied to get the visa to visit the man of my dreams whom I met on internet, I paid 100 dollars and I was denied Evil or Very Mad
As regards getting a job, and as an argentine, let me tell you that we, argentines, love papers , so you have any degrees or certificates, just bring them. My husband is American, and he teaches English in conversation classes of English in a private institute, and he is not a teacher. Students love to hear native english speakers speaking, and test themselves to see if they can be understood.
I wish you the best, and I also wish you have a nice stay here. By the way, is your boyfriend going to Ezeiza airport to pick you up? If it is not so, try to get those buses called "Tienda Leon" which are reliable.
Regards and welcome to Argentina!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: