Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TEFL International, Alexandria

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phillyguy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: TEFL International, Alexandria Reply with quote

I'm thinking of signing up to take the TEFL certification course with TEFL International in Alexandria. Is this a reputable course? Is their certification good enough for most places in the Middle East looking to hire teachers? Recommendations for a different course?
I looked around the message board, but I couldn't find too much about this specific program.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi... wander over from TT, did you?

We have a poster here named Sekhmet who is in Alex. Hopefully she will pass through and know some details for you.

VS

(PS: Most of the high paying places in the ME require an MA.)
Phillyguy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
I'm not too concerned about getting the highest paid job right now, I'm only 21 and have no attachments. I'm just more concerned about actually getting over there with as little grief as possible. I can get an MA later.
Sekhmet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Phillyguy,
I did the TEFL International course last year - I've now been living and working here in Alex for just over 8 months. The course is good, with some really nice people who actually set me up with the jobs I've got now! They helped the other people on my course, although they didn't want to stay in Egypt, and one is now teaching in America somewhere, and the other in China.
Before I came back out here, I was looking for jobs in summer schools back home in England - not only did I get several offers from schools there, but also loads from Asia, and even a couple more in Egypt. So, as far as how easy it is to get a job using the qualification, it hasn't posed me any problems whatsoever!!
My housemate out here also did the course (although not at the same time as me), and the guys at TEFL helped her with a job, finding accomodation, and even introduced her to me - sharing a flat in Egypt is much cheaper.
I hope that helps a bit!!!! PM me if u want any more details.
a.gad

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

As far as I know ,such a course was run in the British Council some years ago. Is it on again? any anfo on that,please?
tracygosnow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, am looking at the TEFL course in Alexandria and was wondering if it matters who you register through: TEFL Corp or TEFL Intl? Is one better than the other in regards to post-course job resourcing, etc.?

Thanks,
Tracy
Sekhmet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,
I booked by TEFLIntl, but my housemate here booked through TEFLcourse... And we both got a whole load of help... Including getting introduced to each other as housemates!!! (we did the course a month apart) We also both were given contacts, help finding an apartment, and references. It seems that all the job support is done through the school, and the person you book it through doesn't matter so much!!
Rice Paddy Daddy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rasha!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: