Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NET interviews
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arju

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 6:38 am    Post subject: re net interviews Reply with quote

Hi again
I havent heard about shortlisting candidates but in hk nothing would surprise me as hk loves paper work.
Re the travel to hk you pay everything up front and then when you get to your school there are forms forms forms to fill in to get reimbursed which eventually you will be.
Re travelling allowance its the cheapest direct route to hk from where you live and its for you and your family, if you book a return ticket which is cheaper the ed dept will only pay the portion of travel to hk.
Re baggage allowance its about $6500 hk and you pay up front and keep the tickets to get reimbursed.
Re the paper trail its crictical that you can provide paper work with the schools letter head showing what you taught if full time and exact weeks day months etc of teaching its critical as hong kong will work you out to the exact date for the salary increase that we get each year plus where posssible they are trying to save money by paying us less.
Dont loose faith if you taught in taiwan then you have a good chance .
best of luck.
delian

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 5:12 pm    Post subject: paper trail Reply with quote

Hi,

About the paper work...what if I have the letters with letterhead, but the letter is old (say a few years?) and I'm not sure if the school exists anymore or not. Should I still send in these letters, or should I try to get new ones? Does it matter or do they just want some kind of confirmation from each school? What are they looking for exactly? Considering I already have a lot of these letters, I'm not too excited about trying to get new copies of the same things.
Thanks for the information on the travel reimbursment, etc. That's the first time I've had any clue about how much money I could expect.
foster

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:27 am    Post subject: HK paperwork Reply with quote

I can sympathize with the paper trail.
I have been frantically emailing all my old schools in Canada trying to get copies of the letters I already gave to HK.
I doesn't matter how old the letter is, just that it has the right information on it.
Also, I was not told about being in the "Top XX candiates." Should I be hurt....maybe not. Confused

Any idea, after assessment, when they will offer you a JOB?? I need to give my current employer as well as my landlord a months notice.

I have not yet received the reimbursement for the travel to HK for the interview....has anyone else???
foster

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:30 am    Post subject: Salary Assessment??? Reply with quote

And just out of curiosity....
How much does one receive for each extra year of valid teaching experience??
I have a B Ed from Canada with 6 years teaching in a proper High School at home and 2 years ESL in Japan with the dreaded N company...which I KNOW won't count, since I refused to teach kids here.
Sound bad that all we want to know about is money, but it is rather important since some of my school boards are not so forthcoming with their letters.
arju

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 5:47 am    Post subject: net pays paper trails Reply with quote

hi re payments each year of teaching generates about $1500 extra a month the paper trail will slow down yor salary assesment and so once thay have assesed you they will move your details onto the schols. its a waiting game.
foster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: AT LAST!!!!! Reply with quote

The wait finally paid off...I have been accepted by a school. Conditional offer on the way!

I am so relieved and happy....
jenny-pnet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Congratulations! Reply with quote

Congratulations, Foster. I know how you feel. I found the waiting horrendous. I remember my own relief when I was notified. They certainly like to drag it out.
Jenny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Hong Kong All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: