Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kuwaiti school in Salmiya

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Margaretswimming

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Kuwaiti school in Salmiya Reply with quote

As I said in my last topic question I have just accepted a KS 2 post. My future employment is in the Salmiya area of Kuwait City. Does anyone know anything about this employer? The wages are reasonable and they did not say anything about sharing accomodation.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not familiar with this school as I have always worked in tertiary and without kids you don't pay much attention to the lower levels. Smile

I lived in Salmiya and it is a nice neighborhood.

I worry that you have accepted a position without knowing all of the details that they are offering. You might want to confirm with them about the sharing - if this is important to you. Hopefully someone who knows more specific details about the place will show up, but it is hard to find people with experience at k-12 schools. (the vast majority of expat English teachers in the ME teach university level...)

VS
souk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you name the school I am happy to respond as I am familiar with most of them
strawberry

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you said salmiya... if you're talking about Kuwait American School, which is located in salmiya, i feel sorry for you. i don't know anybody who would touch that school with a 10 foot pole. if they didn't mention details about accomodation, that's because they don't have any! they deal with people like they're painting by the numbers. when they get all the teachers they need, they'll stick all of you into a 7 bedroom villa or something like that and expect all of you to get along! two years ago, they gave the teachers bus passes and told them to take the bus to work. no transportation provided! (the city bus in a middle eastern country... YUCK!) i don't know you, but for your own sanity, i hope it's not KAS. take care. Rolling Eyes
Margaretswimming

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. Its not the American school. The school is KEIS, and so far as I know it is not one of the best schools but, not one of the worst either. I am a little disappointed in the package they are offering. However, I have accepted the post and I am sure it will work out okay for both of us. If not, I can aply somewhere else next year. It is only a years contract.
strawberry

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i haven't heard anything bad about KEIS, but i'll keep my ears open. good luck Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: