Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teachers' football

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkside1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Teachers' football Reply with quote

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone (teachers or otherwise) interested in taking part in a wee football tour (over a weekend) to Barcelona this autumn.

Game (s), either 7s or 11s depending on numbers, would be against some of my old muckers some of whom still play in an international league there.

This is NOT some money making scheme on my part: I have been promising to take a team over for the last year or two but since I have hung up my boots due to injuries (I'm 40) I've found it hard to get the numbers together here in Glasgow. I have a few people interested but not quite enough for 7s or 11s.

I am a fluent Spanish speaker and I still have some very good contacts in Barcelona as far as being able to organise this goes (in fact I am taking a school party over this summer).

If anybody is interested they can PM me and we'll take it from there. I will be in Cambridge in July and it would be possible to organise a game there for anybody interested (ie meet other players etc). (Age is open, most people we'd be playing against are mid- 20s to mid- 40s).
SueH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The womens' European Cup is on at the moment in the UK. So I presume you are including us women footballers?Smile

I've played pick-up games in the park with the guys (perhaps I should rephrase that!) but they do tend to moan when you tackle them hard.

Sue
dmb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but they do tend to moan when you tackle them hard.
Not unlike most professional footballers.
darkside1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue,

I've always been a fan of mixed bounce games in the park. (I can't believe I just wrote that...)

Why not get a women's team together and I'll find you opposition in Barcelona?
SueH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>I've always been a fan of mixed bounce games in the park. (I can't believe I just wrote that...) <

Have you also noticed the different techniques when there's a defensive wall? Smile

Shame - but I'm too old to know many current players.. plus organising a move to Italy. Have fun and watch for the awkward bounces.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> United Kingdom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: