Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rogan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:22 pm    Post subject: *********** Reply with quote

Last edited by rogan on Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
maruss

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:17 pm    Post subject: "Grybi!" Reply with quote

I love them too!Another thing that always tempts me to go back to Russia are these-but not if they're from Belarus or Ukraine!
Talking of food,havas anyone else read the book"Live right for your type" which was published by an American some years ago and is all about the correct diet for each blood group type.I am usually suspicious about diets,but since starting it about a month ago,I definitely lost weight-and feel much better as well!Being group"O",my main enemy is Gluten and dairy products,as well as acidy things of all kinds!
How would I get on in Russia with this kind of diet??
Read more about it on the "dadamo.com " site.
rogan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by rogan on Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
maruss

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Blood group diets. Reply with quote

As I said,I really didn't trust diet fads until some friends(Lina) in Russia recommended these excellent American books"eat right 4 your type" and "live right 4 your type",the first of which is available in a Russian translation-and many other languages.There is a very good website under"dadamo.com" which you can look-up,but just to give you some idea about group "o", positive and negative,definitely out are the following:
All gluten products,meaning any bread or pastries which contain wheat in any form-we can eat rye bread,rice cakes etc. but be sure there is no wheat flour in them!Essene bread,made from sprouted wheat and water only,and difficult to buy,except in some health food shops,and even then quite expensive,is on the other hand excellent for us and other blood groups!Also a definite no for us are most dairy products,all kinds of potatoes except the sweet variety and all pork meat and its by-products such as bacon,ham,salami etc.We have high stomach acid so coffee and black tea are out,as well as most alchoholic drinks except occasional red wine and beer! Recommended drinks are green tea,seltzer and especially pineapple,prune and cherry juice!Fruits to avoid are oranges,mandarines,sweet mellons and blackberries,also vegetables such as cabbages,cucumber,rhubarb and cauliflower-The only ideal nuts for us are pumpkin seeds and walnuts-avoid especially peanuts!
Recommended fruits are figs,cherries and bananas,plus prunes and plums!
Fish types to avoid are octupus,kalamari and exotic types like conch etc.
They recommend all lean meats except pork,although I don't eat anything but poultry and fish!
If you like pies and pastries, like me, you will of course have terrible cravings for them,especially when you start the diet as the flavour of wheat is highly addicted into your system,so when you feel hungry,eat some dried figs,bananas or drink some seltzer and the craving will stop!
Above all,our type need vigorous exercise regularly,or we get bored and restless-and then stressed up and start taking bad risks!
I promise you,you will soon feel less tired,have more energy,and start losing weight-this diet is for ever,but as there are so many things we can eat,and quite a few that are actually very beneficial for us,it's just a case of eliminating the things that are no good for our group,and changing bad habits!
Wonder how I would manage in Russia with such a diet!
Cheers for now!
M.
maruss

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:22 pm    Post subject: More on blood type diets................ Reply with quote

The reasons why certain foods are on the avoid list for particular blood groups is because their syatem apparently cannot process them effectively,leading to contamination and blockages in the intestines etc.
Group"O" also have high acidity anyway,so foods such as condiments,vinegar and fruit like oranges and tangerines which are high in acidity are obviously not recommended!
Also very interesting are the sections on recommended lifestyles,exercise and stress-management for each group-they make a lot of sense when you look at the picture overall!
I dread to think how much contamination there is in the food products widely consumed by many Russian people,and remember my friend in Belarus a few years ago being very careful where he bought food,as he alleged that many products sold lose in markets etc. could be unfit for humans due to radioactive fallout from Chernobyl which apparently still affects much of the territory there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Russia & C.I.S. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: