Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Estonia Tallinn Bucarest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobmoore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject: Estonia Tallinn Bucarest Reply with quote

I've been offered a job in Tallinn Estonia has anybody worked there?
scot47

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What has "Bucarest" got to do with it ? I am genuinely puzzled !
bobmoore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Bucharest Tallinn confusion Reply with quote

I am also considering a job in Bucharest and was going to send a complicated post asking which would be better - Bucharest or Tallinn. Then I changed my mind and decided just to ask about Tallinn but forgot to change the subject. Sorry
scot47

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Estonia will be more comfortable. Rumania is intereting but the money will be lousy - survival level. In Estonia you might get a bit more, but you won't get rich.
bnix

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Yeah,Scot is Right Reply with quote

Scot is right.You will not get rich in either place.I have never been to Rumania.Estonia probably has a higher standard of living.I have been there.We could give you more advice if you included more specics,like the name of the school. Tallinn is a very nice city,and not that far from Helsinki,Finland
Estonia is going EU. If you are not a citizen of an EU country,you MAY have some troble getting the papers.
waxwing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bnix wrote:
Scot is right.You will not get rich in either place.I have never been to Rumania.Estonia probably has a higher standard of living.I have been there.We could give you more advice if you included more specics,like the name of the school. Tallinn is a very nice city,and not that far from Helsinki,Finland
Estonia is going EU. If you are not a citizen of an EU country,you MAY have some troble getting the papers.

By the way, when does the EU restriction come into force? Do the new 10 members officially join in Jan 2004, and if so, do working restrictions come into force immediately?
bnix

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: The Information on the EU Reply with quote

Probably the best way to get that information is by contacting the Estonian Embassy or Consulate in your country.
scot47

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Transition Reply with quote

there is a transition period and this may differ from State to State.
When Spain joined it took YEARS to implement mobility of labout between Spain and other EU States.

It is better to contact the Embassy and ask them. You might not get an answer though. Then what ?
bnix

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:45 am    Post subject: If Not the Embassy........... Reply with quote

If the Embassy cannot provide a definitive answer on when the EU regs will become effective,hopefully the potential employer will be able to provide it..although not necessarily.I would suggest that anyone not from an EU country definitely find out about how they would be affected or not affected by EU regs before getting on any plane.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: