Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jobs in Manama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaypereda

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Jobs in Manama Reply with quote

I am looking for a teaching job in Manama. Is there any ESL positions or schools hiring over there? Can a teacher make it on his own, giving private lessons, and how much could he/she charge per hour?
Thank you for your time,
J.
jaypereda

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I meant to say "Are there any..." I posted it without even looking at it and without proofreading first.
My sincere apologies
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an edit button in the upper right hand corner of your post for when you mess up. Laughing
jaypereda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, "veiledsentiment", I should have known. I wasn't paying much attention. I was in a big hurry and I want to move to Bahrain as soon as possible.
Is there anyone over there who might be leaving his/her teaching post soon and would like to hook me up?
Thanks again.
kaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, why on earth would you be in such a rush to get over here - it's not the most exciting places in the world - but I guess it does pay those nasty credit card bills that have a habit of accumulating.
As for places to work - the British Council sometimes advertise for hourly paid teachers (if you already have a sponsor over here), the Cambridge Institute (possibly - have no idea about them), the Universities, Berlitz, and an American place in Juffair www.acec.edu.bh. I have no idea if any are recruiting at the moment but it may be worth getting in touch - details can probably be found on the web somewhere.
You haven't said anything about qualifications etc but theres always the schools as well which you may want to consider.
As for surviving on private lessons - financially it may be possible if you can find enough students - not sure what the going rate is - sorry. Your main problem will be getting a visa. Like most (if not all) Gulf Countries you'll need a sponsor.

I'm sure somebody out there will be able to give you more info.
jaypereda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Kaw. I will give them all a try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Bahrain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: