Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do Greeks treat Greeks?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vmp0221

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: How do Greeks treat Greeks? Reply with quote

Im planning / researching the idea of doing a TEFL course at Via Lingua Corinth, and hope to get a good post through them on a Greek island. I am a Greek National, but actually was born and live in South Africa. While i am a native english speaker, I am fluent in Greek, and hope this will be an advantage.
However, having read some comments on this site, i have discovered that the Greek school owners tend to treat the foreign teachers with some contempt at times, and often get away with it. Being Greek, I feel that school owners may not fancy hiring me, since they may feel that there will not be sufficient scope to exploit me.

I also cant make up my mind as to whether being Greek and teaching english in Greece is actually such a good thing.

Im actually hoping that someone who has taught in Greece may shed some light on things.

About Via Lingua Corinth, ive read some good and bad things, but realise that the institute cannot be everything to everyone. I would expect that they would hold your hand to a point and then let go...
ellinas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: yia tin Elladara mas Reply with quote

Ela tora....orea eine i Elladara mas....Emeis oi ellines syneheia paraponiomaste...
We greeks always complain about everything.I think its in our blood.
I live in New Zealand and I really miss my country...I love Ellada me ola tis ta strava ki anapoda.
I live in Dunedin and I am the only ellinas down here!Can you imagine that?
Kontevo na trellatho.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Greece All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: