Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Toulouse

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRCash

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Toulouse Reply with quote

Can someone answer a few questions about Toulouse - ie are there many jobs there, how high are the wages, how high is the cost of living, is it a nice city and is there a good social life there?

My reasons for having Toulouse as my preference for next year are:

1. Carcassonne airport - as Ryanair has regular links from Dublin to Carcassonne and so I will be able to see my family in Ireland.
2. I've heard good things about Toulouse already.
3. There is a lot of a students so there may be opportunities in the local colleges, and perhaps also for private work.
4. It is one of the venues for the Rugby World Cup - I'm a rugby-nut.
5. Stade Toulousain rugby club are one of the best in Europe - see above.

(I know some will say sport is a stupid thing for 2 of your 5 reasons for picking a place but I am so crazy about rugby that I actually wouldn't enjoy a place where I couldn't be involved in that scene).
Andre 3000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Toulouse Reply with quote

I used to live and work in Toulouse and really enjoyed my time there. As regards work, there wasn't much in the way of full-time teaching positions in the private sector; there was some part-time work available (6 hrs per week), so maybe you could juggle 2 or 3 contracts. The pay wasn't too great either - averaging about 13-15 Euros per hour. There are several companies who offer after-school tuiton, "Accademia" is one, I think. There are also companies like "Inlingua" who often advertised at the job centre - 'ANPE.fr".
Toulouse's social life is great - 12 cinemas, theatres, museums, plus more bars and cafes than you can shake a stick at. And they are nuts about rugby - one or two retired expat players have opened bars there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: