Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working Holiday Visa- anyone personally used/tried one?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
haku

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Working Holiday Visa- anyone personally used/tried one? Reply with quote

Assuming one has a CELTA, a bachelor's degree and EFL experience, is using a working holiday visa really a viable option?

I understand that unlike WH visas for Italy and Ireland (among other countries), there is no 3 month restriction applied to each employer. Can anyone verify this?

I am particularly interested in hearing from Australians or Canadians (or if it really is true that Americans can also get a WH visa, Americans) who have actually tried and failed/succeeded to use one.

Apologies in advance if this is repetitious - please point me towards the right previous post if this is the case (my key-word search was unsuccessful).

Many thanks.
haku

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lack of replies could be an excellent sign (the people tried, got jobs, and no longer look at this site because they are so happy in their jobs..) or an awful sign (they tried, and either got so disillusioned that they went home, or they are washing dishes somewhere, too tired and poor to look at this site..).

So I'll widen my call for helpful advice - anyone who's tried to use a WH visa to teach EFL in France OR anyone who actually knows someone who tried..please! I'd love to hear the prognosis, good or bad.

Thanks
spiral78

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also try posting on the General Europe forum....
toraja

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I am currently working in France with one of those visas. Although getting things sorted intitially was a bit of a nightmare, I've really had no problems at all. I've been working at the same place since May and everything's going well - I'm definitely not 'rich' but get by just fine.
Hope this helps.
Good luck, but then I doubt you'll even need it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: