Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hypothetically......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pablo Fiasco

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: hypothetically...... Reply with quote

....i get off a plane in cambodia. I've got my CELTA. Where can I exercise the knowledge and skill of English language teaching to the nth degree...

i.e.

can you recommend a 'good' (reliable[?]) place to work?
anywhere in the country.

it amazing how little info there is on institutions in cambodia.

your help would be......greatly appreciated.

thankyou!!
khmerhit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised hi there------

First of all, when you get there, you might want to take a few days, or weeks, getting used to being there. If you've been in Asia before, this is advice still applies!!

Next, to find out about schools, go to the Capitol guesthouse and hire a motodop at 8 am. Ask him, or one who knows, to tkae you around to the different schools with your resume in hand. Offices are open from 8 to 11 and from 2 to 5 or 6, depending.

You will meet other people who will tell you about the various schools and their reputations, and so on. You should be willing to do lots of different hours in lots of different schools, at least at first, until you get that wonder job at ace.

Good luck to you, and remember the last few lines of the Lord's Prayer. Cool Arrow

PS--oh, I forget, you can PM me for more stuff. cheers!!
busan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it a good idea to try to get just a couple of months' work in pp? i need something to do before heading to saigon in march.

also, every country has its market. do most people looking for (long term) teaching work in cambodia find it?

thanks, happy new year!
beerbarron

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there in Oct and met with two schools just to see what the conditions were like. Both of them had a job for me right then on a probational/trial basis. They did want some previous teaching expericene to get the job. Both schools did mention that their turnover was not too bad, but I don't think that is the norm there. Also I don't know if was just lucky timing on my part or if it always like that. Good luck and if your still there I'll be over in April.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: