Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

visa questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neiladams

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: visa questions Reply with quote

hi, i am from Chicago IL and have recently sold everything and moved to Paris with my Brother and his wife. I have been able to find ample jobs in my area(fine carpentry and custom sculpting)as well as watching after their daughter(my niece). i have been in France for 85 days and am wondering if i am in danger of being kicked out of France. my passport was stamped in Ireland but not in France. i went to the U.S. consulate and was informed that a Plane, Train, or Bus ticket can show proof of entry to a country to prove not overstaying in a Schengen country. so in order to give me more time in France i plan on traveling to england via Bus (roughly 66� total) and using the bus ticket as proof of my entry into France and not over stay on the Tourist Visa.

that as my temporary solution i am attempting to find a way to stay in France. i can try for Au Pair but sadly have not completed high school which is one of the requirements. both Work and Long stay Visas require me to return to the states to apply for and my Visa from the US is not 6 months yet which would result in me trying to live in Chicago for 4.5 months to get a Work or Long stay visa.

Does anyone know of a solution?

I do understand from other forums that most people will just get married to solve a problem like this but i am not interested in getting into a false marriage.

Thank you,
Neil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: