Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bahrain is Still A Province of Iran !

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scot47

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Bahrain is Still A Province of Iran ! Reply with quote

I see in today's "Arab News' a story about the continuing Iranian claim to Bahrain.

Apparently the Iranian Daily, "Kayhan' ran an editorial restating Teheran's claim to the island kingdom.

There used to be a represenattive of Bahrain in Iran's parliament. Farsi is still widely spoken amongst the Shi'a community. What is going on ?
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been around for a long time. They are all still bickering over borders. Bahrain and Qatar have a long running debate which Qatar seems to have won. Of course, it is mostly about the offshore gas fields now. (I suspect that it started over the water sources in Bahrain way back when)

VS
scot47

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bahrain and Qatar settled their differences two years ago (3 ?).
qas419

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Re-Bahrain is Still A Province of Iran ! Reply with quote

This is a very interesting news. The Iranians have shaken the Sunni minority ruling family in Bahrain. Of course, Iran can never legallly calim that Bahrain is part of it any more. It's gone with the wind; the British and the former Shah made a gentle swap years ago by which Iran abondoned its claim and instead got the three islands. The Iranians are very clever; they are playing cat and mouse game with these Sheikdoms and it has really worked. They have already shaken the Israeilis, confused the Europeans in regard to their energy progrmme and of course have trapped the Americans in Iraq and Afganistan. I think sooner or later, the sectarian tension in Bahrian will ease off and Shia majority will get a chance to join the workforce.
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I am at it, I want to ask when these thieving English will give us back Berwick-on-Tweed ?
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you Scots had just taken over the UK? Send off a post to Mr Brown and suggest it...

VS
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VS

Although Gordon Brown and I went to the same school and same university, we are on opposite sides of the fence politically. He wants Scotland to continue as a province of the UKofGB&NI. I am for Independence.

Mind you, he is PM and I am a TEFL bum !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Bahrain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: