Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sydney : good ELICOS centre to work in to the not so good

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Australia/New Zealand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teacherwilltravel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Sydney : good ELICOS centre to work in to the not so good Reply with quote

Can anyone share info on experience working in any of the Sydney ELICOS centres ? which are nice workplaces ? any that you think were not so great?
Like a Rolling Stone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'r e in luck Very Happy

I'm bored so i Googled this just for you

http://www.studyinsydney.com/elicos-sydney.php
Van Norden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked at ACL in the Rocks in 2000. It wasn't a bad place back then but I don't know about now. They also have (had?) various centres around Sydney where they teach the Adult Migrant English Program.

The school on Pitt St (behind the Hilton) isn't a bad one to do a bit of casual work. I forget the name. Same with La Lingua on Castlereigh St.

GEOS/St Marks have got a school in Bondi and another one opposite La Lingua. A friend who worked at the Bondi school liked it there.
Insubordination

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've worked at two great ones and two terrible ones. It all depends on the mix of students and the DoS.

I don't want to badmouth the bad ones because things can change with a change in management or clientele.

My tip, get some relief work and check out the morale in the staff room and enquire about the staff turnover. Also, pick a college that includes a lot of 'activity' days as the students are generally happier. Don't go to a college which is dominated by students from the same source.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Australia/New Zealand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: