Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

question about German universities in affordable cities
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hod

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

advice is just like War and Peace.

1. Comes from Russia.
2. Goes on and on.
3. No one's ever read it.
Deicide

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hod wrote:
advice is just like War and Peace.

1. Comes from Russia.
2. Goes on and on.
3. No one's ever read it.

Right you a' dere guv'na!
Beyond1984

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"advice is just like War and Peace.

1. Comes from Russia.
2. Goes on and on.
3. No one's ever read it." - Hod

Advice, I have lived and worked three years in Ukraine and I admire you tremendously for managing to get to the US and earn a MA in a second language.

I apologize for the insulting nonsense written by Hod, and understand why you stopped posting on this thread. It's a great pity that one of the very few foreign teachers of English to post in this forum was ridiculed by someone who doesn't know the difference between Ukraine and Russia.

The remnants of the corrupt Kuchma era are still plaguing Ukraine and some people have become extremely wealthy through the process of privatization. This is driving up housing costs, and so Advice asked for help in finding a place in Germany that offered affordable housing.

When teaching at a private international school in Ukraine my salary was 10 times higher than that of the Ukrainian teachers, and in addition I was provided an apartment, health insurance, and flight tickets.

Advice, I hope you PM me and let me know your current situation. I have a five-year Ukrainian visa and have had the idea of buying property there - it's way high now in China.

By the way, Hod, Condi's claim to fame and entree into the State Department was that she has read "War and Peace" in the original. Tolstoy's theory about the "fog of war" inspired the opening scenes in "Saving Private Ryan."

Your contempt for those of another culture, writing in a second language, confuses and dismays me.

-HDT

"How does it become a man to behave toward this American government today? I answer that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it."
-Henry David Thoreau, "On the Duty of Civil Disobedience," 1849
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: