Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can I pay taxes and print receipts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rachegranade

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: How can I pay taxes and print receipts? Reply with quote

Hello!
I am writing after months of confusion with my CUIT number. I started my process in March, went to the AFIP office, got my CUIT, had a multitude of problems getting it activated "in the system" and have finally finished, sort of. I am supposed to receive a code at my physical address, by which I can enter my data online, but my boss�s accountant has just told me that this code will never, ever come. She claims that I dont need it to print receipts. So, what do I need?

Some say I have to pay my taxes and get a receipt of payment to take to the printer. Others say I need some documents (Ingresos Brutos) to show that I am exempt from taxes. Has anyone done this that can tell me exactly what I am supposed to do? Can I pay at any bank or only at specific ones? Do I need to have an account at the bank? Are there specific days to pay and how do I account for the fact that I have been working since March and (obviously) not paying taxes? Any info would be helpful... I am the only US-citizen working for my employer, so I dont have any coworkers that really know what applies to my situation. This has become an issue of great frustration to me, and I appreciate any posts with your experiences and info!
Thanks!
Rachel
Coogar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this blog entry for some more info on the CUIT, it's quite old but the information should still be true:

http://suitcaseonwheels.blogspot.com/2005/04/27-guide-to-teaching-in-buenos-aires.html
afansenil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: CUIT number Reply with quote

I have struggled for over a year to get my paperwork in order. Even when my mother is Argentina and its supposed to be my CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to have access to proper documentation, it took me over a YEAR to get my DNI so I could apply for a CUIT number.

You need a CERTIFICADO DE RESIDENCIA, the place you work as should help you get one of these at your local police office. Once you have this, you go to the AFIP with your passport and the process lasts no more than a week. You can get a block of receipts printed out for around 50 pesos (or less) right there at their offices or very nearby.

Send me a pm if you need more info.

N
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: