Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What to charge companies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gmjones

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: What to charge companies Reply with quote

I was wondering what would be a good rate to charge a company for business English and technical English classes. The company is a large multinational in the south (Bavaria).

Through language schools in the area business classes are paid to the teacher at 25 to 30 euros, and I imagine the school is still getting a nice rake off, but if I have a contract privately I wonder if anyone could give me an idea of what I can charge.

Thanks for any advice you can give me!
puhutes

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What they make? I can tell you my old boss was getting 65 euros just from private students alone... I was only making 35euros. For companies, she was charging between 65euros to well over 95euros. I don't really know what the maximum was, but 95euros was quite normal for the larger companies. Unbelievable! If you can, I would suggest you try and find private students and companies on your own! I have been doing this recently and I earn a lot more and have to work a lot less to live.
LG Jennifer
harold_haller

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

I am working in Germany too right now. You have any advice on getting company gigs by yourself? Do you have a pamphlet or contacts or are you just cold calling people?

Thanks,

HH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: