Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Schools/Visa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Schools/Visa Reply with quote

I am from the states with plans to move to Prague in Spring to obtain a TEFL certificate. Does anyone have any thoughts on Via Lingua?
Also if anyone knows of good resources to help with visa requirements. I am concerned that I don't have a degree from a university and that CZ is moving to EU. Any thoughts on these topics is greatly appreciated.
Andare

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Visas Reply with quote

I can't comment on Via Lingua but http://www.myczechrepublic.com/embassy_visa/czech_visa.html should answer most of your visa queries. If it doesn't, try searching for the site of the Czech Embassy in the US.
Happy Bear

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: I went through Via Lingua in 2001 Reply with quote

When I went through Via Lingua was a pretty good program, it was just the housing that sucked (or I should say authenticly European). It was on top of an ICY hill (January) and above a game hall. There were tournaments running into the whee hours of the night.

The program itself was pretty good. Lots of teaching practice and was well viewed by the other schools that I was applying to. Eventually, I got a good offer to go to the Caledonian School in Bratislava (don't go to that school).

But after having been to Bratislava, and South Korea, in the end I wish I had gotten my certificate from International House instead. It is more widely recognized around the the world, and they hire thier own.

So, I am saying if you are just doing this for a year or two, go ahead and do Via Lingua, but if you are looking at a longer time, go IH.
ddixon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about TEFL Worldwide Prague (www.teflworldwideprague.com)? Anyone know about them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Czech Republic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: