Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for an Islamic private school

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aussie_teacher

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Looking for an Islamic private school Reply with quote

Does anyone know of Islamic private/language schools that pay well in Egypt? I'm still weighing my options against UAE and Saudi. I've got a B.A and nearly finished my M.A in TESOL.

Thanks
sarina

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: pay in Egypt Reply with quote

The pay scale in Egyptian schools is generally much lower than in Saudi or the UAE. Many schools here pay in Egyptian pounds and the exchange rate to foreign currencies (that's if you can find the foriegn currency) is not favourable. Your qualifications are good - but in many schools you may not get any extra renumeration for being well qualified and could be earning the same as someone with only a TEFL certificate - there's not that sliding scale in many places.

I know of one Islamic school here -Al Basheer - but they pay very little in comparison to many of the international or even privately owned language schools here. All the language schools here have religion as part of the curriculum (Islam or Coptic instruction) - do you specifically need it to be an "islamic school".
aussie_teacher

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, i guess i better explain my interest in applying for an Islamic school. I'm a pretty religous Australian, with some Egyptian background. I need to get some experience in an Arab country before i can get a job in the UAE or Saudi (where i want to work eventually). I thought the best bet would be Egypt. I know teh economy is in a slump and all, but i thought it might actually work out.

Are there any other schools that pay well that are also worth applying for. I know they aren't going to compare to Saudi or UAE in terms of packages etc... but if i could just live comfortable, i'd be happy. By the way, i'm married with a kid (if it makes a difference).

Thanks everyone
Mostafa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Egypt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: