Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A letter to Kereru

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Australia/New Zealand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: A letter to Kereru Reply with quote

Dear Woodpigeon

I have arrived in Kaiapoi, during this last month I have been busy setting up the house I bought in August last year.
By now I am just about done and have spare time and I'm getting bored and could do with some extra loot.

In China it did not matter but over here it might; I am 64 and age ism is rife in Godzone.

Would it be worthwhile to pound the pavement in the inner city to find a part time job?

Yours sincerely

Peter Bol ex Shenzhen for 8 years
Kereru

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed this, Peter. I took an extended Easter holiday away from the computer Wink

As I'm not looking for a job at present I don't know what the Chch market is really like. Anecdotally things are grim amongst the major players like Canterbury Uni & CPIT. I've heard that CPIT has not re-employed any of their part-timers this term. However my workplace has had several casuals in this term from Select Education & one got a new full time job at a private language school only this week.

There are always lots of very short-term jobs in schools and private language schools during the Northern summer for vacation courses in Chch (July-August).

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Australia/New Zealand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: