Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looks like RMIT is the best place to work...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hatcher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Looks like RMIT is the best place to work... Reply with quote

From what I have read on this board looks RMIT is the best place to work in terms org, salary and opportunity.
Does anyone know what the salary is for content based courses or subject courses?
Mattingly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Looks like RMIT is the best place to work... Reply with quote

Hatcher wrote:
From what I have read on this board looks RMIT is the best place to work in terms org, salary and opportunity.
Does anyone know what the salary is for content based courses or subject courses?

I would contact RMIT.

They will provide you with the information.
isabel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their website has all of the information you could want.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed from their advert that it looks like they get work visas as well Smile
spanglish

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd guess the British Council is just as good or better.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the BC's package?
spanglish

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

naturegirl321 wrote:
What's the BC's package?

Sorry, they just took down their posting for a regular teaching job. Right now they have a senior teacher position in Haiphong that pays US$3,909 to US$4,611USD/month minus 20-22% taxes, plus flights, shared accommodation and 45 days paid vacation, including public holidays.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spanglish wrote:
naturegirl321 wrote:
What's the BC's package?

Sorry, they just took down their posting for a regular teaching job. Right now they have a senior teacher position in Haiphong that pays US$3,909 to US$4,611USD/month minus 20-22% taxes, plus flights, shared accommodation and 45 days paid vacation, including public holidays.

Hm, sounds nice. And senior teacher to boot. Those 20% ish taxes, is that the norm for VN? But, Haiphong, is it that bad? http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=89047
spanglish

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

naturegirl321 wrote:
spanglish wrote:
naturegirl321 wrote:
What's the BC's package?

Hm, sounds nice. And senior teacher to boot. Those 20% ish taxes, is that the norm for VN? But, Haiphong, is it that bad? http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=89047

The Haiphong jobs are doing intensive courses for government employees, not the typical work at the main centers. Honestly, it sounds like exactly the kind of work I'd love to do - short, intense ESP courses for motivated professionals who have the time to learn and study. Check out the BC's teacher recruitment page for more details. I have zero Vietnam experience (closest is a colleague who came to Colombia from Vietnam), so can't really answer any questions.
spanglish

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting back to RMIT - does anybody know if they subsidize/pay for a masters degree or DELTA?
LettersAthruZ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

naturegirl321 wrote:

The British Council's Hai Phong presence is in Do Son.......

....you don't wanna be in Do Son.

We'll leave it at that.....
Knaved

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Do Son with the BC Reply with quote

Don't leave Do Son at that!

Would staying for 1 year be that bad?
LettersAthruZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Do Son with the BC Reply with quote

Knaved wrote:
Don't leave Do Son at that!

Would staying for 1 year be that bad?

It actually isn't that bad....

....if you're a big fan of ladies-of-the-night ALL OVER TOWN (including establishments that appear to be normal and respectable), hypodermic needles on the beach, and some of the nastiest sand and dirtiest water you'll ever want to see, then, by all means.....

Also, there really isn't a whole hell of a lot to do down there (and, when I lived in Hai Phong, I thought that Hai Phong was boring - but, compared to Do Son, it's an entertainment mecca with three supermarkets and a cinema - Do Son has NO supermarkets and NO cinema and not much else).

Basically, corporations with major manufacturing facilities outside of Hai Phong (Quan Toan, Hai Duong, etc.) will have their managers take big-wigs from the Company's Corporate HQ (visiting from Korea, America, Japan, wherever), out to Do Son.....and it's not for the fancy cuisine and the beautiful beaches, if you get my meaning......
Algo5

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone on this board currently working at RMIT? Please PM me if so...I have some questions, and will reward your help with a beer if I do indeed make it to Vietnam!
8balldeluxe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good place to work if you like to be in a gilded cage with a lot of structure and things that are not necessarily teaching related. For example they have a big retraining seminar thing coming up about "conduct". Whether they need it or not is doubtful as it is the finest higher learning institution . $ is great but dont forget where you left your personality so you can find it later after you quit. Although that doesn't happen so often either as people tend to stay there, and become more and more dependent on the big money and get complacent and there is a risk of forgetting where one is. But eventually they will all have to leave the cult and probably need deprogramming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: