Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mexican restaurant in Bundang

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chronicpride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Mexican restaurant in Bundang Reply with quote

I'm trying to write up clear directions to this mexican place and the map from their site and a Naver map doesn't make it very clear, and I'm not able to be there to snoop around to confirm, for another few months.

http://wiki.galbijim.com/La_Merce

If any Bundang-ites who are familiar with the area that its in, can you let me know how to get there from Exit 5 of Seohyeon Stn, assuming that my directions are not right?

PS. Not sure if this guy is referring to the same place or not:
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=92990

Cheers,
CP
itaewonguy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you come out samsung plaza and look for cafe pascucci its righ there
you cant miss it..
you come out of the subway you can only go two ways..
if the cafe is not out the doors on the first go, go back and try the other direction..its right there by outside the doors on the right!
Tiberious aka Sparkles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave exit 5 and turn left at Pascucci (on the left).

it's down a short alley.
chronicpride

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. So, according to their website, they mention that they are in the basement of CoCo Plaza. Is that correct?
IncognitoHFX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Mexican restaurant in Bundang Reply with quote

chronicpride wrote:
I'm trying to write up clear directions to this mexican place and the map from their site and a Naver map doesn't make it very clear, and I'm not able to be there to snoop around to confirm, for another few months.

http://wiki.galbijim.com/La_Merce

If any Bundang-ites who are familiar with the area that its in, can you let me know how to get there from Exit 5 of Seohyeon Stn, assuming that my directions are not right?

PS. Not sure if this guy is referring to the same place or not:
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=92990

Cheers,
CP

It's by the Samsung plaza / Seoyeon Station (sp?) You want to exit Samsung plaza and take the alley on your left after Chrispy Cream donuts. There you will find an entrance to the Mexican restaurant...

...and why you would want to eat there is beyond me. It's not real Mexican food and the quality is substandard.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, out the door of Samsung Plaza.

Look to your immediate left.

Look for the Krispy Kream donut shop on your left. If you don't see the Krispy Kreme (but can see a KFC on your right) you should turn around, do a 180 and go out the other side of Samsung Plaza.

It is about 30 meters farther down on the same side as Krispy Kreme. They have a display case outside to show some of their "specialties".

The Perfect Cup of Coffee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Mexican restaurant in Bundang Reply with quote

IncognitoHFX wrote:
...and why you would want to eat there is beyond me. It's not real Mexican food and the quality is substandard.

Cheers, I've wondered about that place. Guess I'll save my money.
IncognitoHFX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: Mexican restaurant in Bundang Reply with quote

The Perfect Cup of Coffee wrote:
IncognitoHFX wrote:

Cheers, I've wondered about that place. Guess I'll save my money.

It's better than Taco Bell, but not authentic by any means. Almost reminded me of one of those Fusion restaurants.

Your best bet for authentic Mexican food is in Itaewon or other parts of Seoul. To be honest, I'm a big fan of Mexican and Indian food and I haven't been able to find that much by way of Mexican food--but I know if it exists, it doesn't exist in Bundang. Your best bet is Itaewon.
Tiberious aka Sparkles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Mexican restaurant in Bundang Reply with quote

IncognitoHFX wrote:
It's better than Taco Bell, but not authentic by any means. Almost reminded me of one of those Fusion restaurants.

It pretty much is a fusion restaurant. Seafood spaghetti is one of their biggest sellers, and I don't see much Mexican in that.

The interior is awesome, though, and it's a great place to take a date if you don't mind the inauthentic menu -- or their lazy staff -- too much.
IncognitoHFX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite restaurant in Bundang is the Salem vegetarian restaurant. I forget exactly where it is (close to expensive stuff), but it was quite possibly the best vegetarian restaurant I've been to in my life. It's a buffet, responably priced, and stocked in both traditional vegetarian meals, imitation meat food (the vegetarian Bulgogi is great), Korean-vegetarian food and interesting stuff which I haven't seen before.

The atmosphere is really good too... good music, quiet, very clean and the staff is extremely friendly. Even if you're not a vegetarian, if you can find the place I'd recommend going.

I'll update this with an address...
guido

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the backstreet parallel to the main cafe street in Jeongja....second floor of a building that has the thai restaurant there too...the thai rest is excellent...best in bundang
guido

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the backstreet parallel to the main cafe street in Jeongja....second floor of a building that has the thai restaurant there too...the thai rest is excellent...best in bundang
IncognitoHFX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guido wrote:

Oh, I've seen the Thai place when I went into Salem. Is it really worth trying? Maybe we'll go there next time instead.

That place must be the building of awesome restaurants.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: