Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Counselors in Seoul. (Includes info on perscription meds.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harpeau

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone aware of English speaking counselors in Busan? Preferably Internationals. Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Harpeau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have Dr. Kim's information in Itaewon? (The one who is in Itaewon and very inexpensive.) Thanks.

www.harpo.ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Harpeau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post.
Harpeau

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presently we have a Summer promotion going on: Bring a small potted plant and get 30 min. free. Minimum length of session is 1 hour. We're trying to fill up our Solarium with plants. (Limit: 1 plant per session only.) Good until the end of August 2011.

www.harpo.ca
Harpeau

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary-Jane Liddicoat, CFMW (Australian)
Certified Facilitator of Managed Wellness (USA)
Founder of Conscious Living Conscious Leadership Asia Pacific
Offering private counseling, coaching and group workshops.
Mary-Jane's sessions are not about telling you how to create your life, how to live your life, or how to function in your life. They seek to give you the space to look at your life from a totally different place, free from judgement and with greater possibility and choice.
Based in Seoul at New York Wholistic Care, Itaewon, Seoul and will travel as required
Email: conscious-living at healthythomes dot asia
Tel: 010-3996-9429
www.conscious-living.asia
Harpeau

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary-Jane Liddicoat, CFMW (Australian)
Certified Facilitator of Managed Wellness (USA)
Founder of Conscious Living Conscious Leadership Asia Pacific
Offering private counseling, coaching and group workshops.
Mary-Jane's sessions are not about telling you how to create your life, how to live your life, or how to function in your life. They seek to give you the space to look at your life from a totally different place, free from judgement and with greater possibility and choice.
Based in Seoul at New York Wholistic Care, Itaewon, Seoul and will travel as required
Email: conscious-living at healthythomes dot asia
Tel: 010-3996-9429
www.conscious-living.asia
superacidjax

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:47 am    Post subject: iCouch Reply with quote

http://iCouch.me is a pretty good site for online video counseling. All of their providers are licensed.
AHSKorea

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Quick Update Reply with quote

This is an update of the Licensed Professionals currently available at Adaptable Human Solutions. We now maintain 2 therapy teams of native speakers, English & Korean. This is the English Team only. *As we are constantly growing, the list may not include everyone currently working at AHS http://ahskorea.com/

Noreen Jaden (Canadian)
Registered Psychologist (AB, Canada)
CEO

Zane Webber (Canadian)
Registered Psychologist (AB, Canada)
Vice President

Eunice (Eun Young) Ra (Bilingual Korean)
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (CA., USA)
Director of Korean/Bilingual Services

Eli Fehler (American)
Licensed Mental Health Counselor (WA, USA)
AHS Community Liaison

Young Pak (American)
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (AR, USA)

Kelly McChristian (American)
Associate Licensed Professional Counselor (AR, USA)
Inquiry Team Coordinator

Juhee Kim (Bilingual Korean)
Art Therapy Resident (License in Process-CO, USA)

Dawn Dialon (American)
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (NV, USA)
Licensed Drug & Alcohol Counselor (NV, USA)
Substance Abuse Professional (NV, USA)

Dr. Elizabeth Schnobrich (American) -available by telephone only
Licensed Psychologist (WA, USA; NV, USA)

Contact our Inquiry Team for more information or to make an appointment by phone 02-749-7915 or email [email protected]

Call us or email [email protected] for Korean speaking therapists.
soyoungmikey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.onemindhelp.blogspot.com/

Better than a counselor. No money and true lasting results. Gain confidence, autonomy, and self-respect. Skeptical? Read the links and check out all the research. Medications have to many side-effects and counseling cures the symptoms not the causes. Join a group of people who help each other 24/7 not just for the hour you pay.
ahs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: update on counseling services at AHS (Spanish & Portugue Reply with quote

This is not a specific response to this thread but an updated list of the English therapy team at Adaptable Human Solutions. We have 2 therapy teams (native English & native Korean, and currently also Spanish & Portuguese) made up of licensed therapists with a variety of backgrounds. AHS abides by the strictest of N. American professional ethics; confidentiality is assured. AHS is not a medical facility but works with local psychiatrists for medication monitoring. All team members are trained and licensed in North America, and most were born and raised there. For more info, please visit us at ahskorea.com
PRagic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=20633

THERE IS AN ENTIRE BLOODY STICKY ON THIS! WHY REHASH ON A NEW THREAD?

To anyone genuinely seeking counseling services here in the ROK, do yourself a favour and seek help from properly educated and certified professionals. Just because someone has a couple of grad courses under their belt and hangs a shingle, that doesn't make them a go-to source of inspiration and aid.

Look for that magic 'DR.' before plunking down your hard earned coin to vent. Look at the credentials!
Yaya

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I may say so, many people might not need a shrink but a life coach. I have a friend who got psychiatric and psychological help but realized that a life coach was better. Shrinks are basically paid (not small money) to hear a client bitch and complain and counseling can last for years, but life coaches have a time limit and are cheaper.
Yagremohbhg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRagic wrote:
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=20633

THERE IS AN ENTIRE BLOODY STICKY ON THIS! WHY REHASH ON A NEW THREAD?

To anyone genuinely seeking counseling services here in the ROK, do yourself a favour and seek help from properly educated and certified professionals. Just because someone has a couple of grad courses under their belt and hangs a shingle, that doesn't make them a go-to source of inspiration and aid.

Look for that magic 'DR.' before plunking down your hard earned coin to vent. Look at the credentials!

I agree with this, tried almost every counsellor in Seoul lot of em and AHS were the best and most professional. Some of the others literally seemed worse off than me or a little narsicistic and not really concerned about me.

Anyway AHS are very professional and their concellors are well qualified and not ESL / UNI teachers doing counselling on the side like others so they can afford to regularly update their credentials and attend overseas seminars etc.

From what I remember, for meds they do not recommend the Itaewon guy as he is apt to over prescribe but the ANSAN international clinic if you want to explore the meds option.

Please correct me if I'm wrong ahs.
Yagremohbhg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaya wrote:
If I may say so, many people might not need a shrink but a life coach. I have a friend who got psychiatric and psychological help but realized that a life coach was better. Shrinks are basically paid (not small money) to hear a client bitch and complain and counseling can last for years, but life coaches have a time limit and are cheaper.

Nah. I had years of talk therapy. One dose of Seroquel after I switched to a shrink and got a diagnoses of bp2 and I literally felt back to normal again after two decades of instability, and terrible symptoms of anxiety, depression and anxiety. AFTER ONE DAY.

Treatment has been ongoing for six months now and I feel great and have zero side effects and am actually living a normal life again instead of being all over the place.

SOME of us DO just have different wiring mate.
Harpeau

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that each of us need certain things throughout our journey here. No one fits all. Counseling is about feeling stuck and going through the pain of change. Coach is also a part of counseling as therapeutic and life goals are made. Some are finding medication, or a combination helpful. Sometimes it's the placebo effect.

Yet, one thing that I've learned over the years is that what makes a good client is a person that is highly motivated, taking personal responsibility and is not afraid of facing the pain of change.

It's an interesting journey!

www.harpo.ca
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: