Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Useless with opposite sex - 44 years old

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fromtheuk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Useless with opposite sex - 44 years old Reply with quote

Hi All! Not posted on here for ages. Hope you are well.

I'm at a hotel abroad while a work visa is being processed. Last night I see a nice lady in the restaurant but avoid her as I normally do with women because I have zero self-esteem and feel tense/uptight in their presence.

I go for breakfast in the last hour and she is there again. I sit with my back facing her and take a glance at her only twice while helping myself to food. There's a buffet.

Over the years, I have managed to improve my techniques when feeling uncomfortable. When I was younger, I used to stare at people a bit more than what is normal.

Anyway, I look okay physically but I have always felt anxious around women, especially ones I like. They make me feel like I'd rather be dead than be in their presence because I know that realistically I have nothing to offer them at all. I rarely speak and do everything alone. Absurd though this sounds, I also tend to love all women almost as deeply as my own mother, so I have a mix of feelings. Low self-esteem, self-hatred, extremely needy and sad because I know I'll never have the guts to approach anyone. Basically, the less I see of women the more relaxed I feel. Yet, at the same time I also want their love. I also kind of dislike women because of my own inadequacy.

I am so pathetic. Thankfully, I have a sense of humour and can see the funny side of things. I believe I appear cold and distant to others but that's due to the anxiety. Laughing
SuperfuzzBigmuff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you, fromtheuk.

Do you still have the beard? I remember that YouTube video you made of yourself years ago; that was good. A proper BBC English accent you have indeed.

Keep the chin up, old boy; you never know who you might meet when you don't expect it.
fromtheuk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your comments! Nice to 'see' you too! Laughing

Yes, I'm bearded. You are probably one of only a few posters to have seen me online because I deleted that video pretty quickly. Smile

Thank you for the compliments! Makes a change from the derision I usually get. Cool Have a great weekend!
PRagic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.goodtherapy.org/learn-about-therapy/issues/self-esteem
Brooks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? I always found British guys more popular in Japan. Seriously.
I think there are similarities with the culture.
PRagic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Japanese often like to identify with the Brits as they're both island nations. Well, that, plus Japan had grand visions of global hegemony at one point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: