Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking For Recruiter Recommendations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Been There, Taught That

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Looking For Recruiter Recommendations Reply with quote

Okay, so I'm finally back on the hunt for a teaching position in Korea. Left Korea from an after-school position in Yongsan/Bundang in 2010, no problems/complaints there, got most of my documentation, waiting for apostille on CBC, shooting for mid-November because of making sure I get THE position. And I don't care about hagwon/after-school/EPIK, whatever. Will be working on online Master's, secondary ed. All that just to get my foot in the door. I can move up after I move in.

So now I need to know who's THE one or two most reliable/honest/involved/etc. recruiter choice. Who will work with me until November, is the big question.

I know it's possible to schedule now, work later; I had the opportunity before to start 5 months out, but found another job first. So another question is, is that best handled by contacting employers or recruiters?

Thanks for helping. I don't like to over-explain, so ask any questions. I was 37 my first job in Korea in 2001, 46 my next time in 2010, so I'm not worried about being 54 now; not really a factor for me.

But who I work with can make all the difference.
isitts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend using Korvia.

That said, the time frame you're looking at rules out public schools. And age might be a factor as well as what you've done in the time between 2001 and 2010, and after. If you've been teaching elsewhere that whole time, they might wonder why you just want to work at a hagwon or wherever.

If age becomes an issue, I'd recommend China. TEFL is still growing there and there is much less stigma regarding age. The recruitment agency I used there was China Connection.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: