Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Space Saving Vacuum Bags?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YellowHair

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Space Saving Vacuum Bags? Reply with quote

Anyone know where I can purchase the space saving bags that can have the air sucked out of them to make packing more compact. Folks back in the states are requesting a few mink blankets, so I thought about packing them instead of sending them via snail mail. Any help here would be great.
Thanx!! Laughing
mindmetoo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Space Saving Vacuum Bags? Reply with quote

YellowHair wrote:
Anyone know where I can purchase the space saving bags that can have the air sucked out of them to make packing more compact. Folks back in the states are requesting a few mink blankets, so I thought about packing them instead of sending them via snail mail. Any help here would be great.
Thanx!! Laughing

I think I've seen them for sale at Carrefour. They are available here. I know that. You might have to hit a couple different stores. There are two kinds. One you plug into your vacuum cleaner. The other with a one way valve. You manually squish the air out. The latter is best if you don't have a vacuum cleaner.

They came in darn handy for moving to Korea, I tells you.
peppermint

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can swing it with just regular trash bags and rubber bands.

Insert blankets into the bag
Put rubber band on wrist and gather bag around vacuum nozzle
flip on the vacuum and tada!

The trick is to be quick about getting the rubber band around the end of the bag tightly. Oh, and if you can, use clear bags rather than dark ones incase of baggage inspections.
komtengi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone doesnt watch Queer eye...

That Sucking Machine!
You know those machines that vacuum-pack your clothes? Well, they suck. Instead, use cotton garment bags that maintain your clothing's texture, shape and durability.

thanks Carson...
Manner of Speaking

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find them at any E-Mart, Homeplus, and I assume Costco. Look in the section that has storage boxes and such.

A tip...they work best if you insert the clothes, seal the bag all the way to one end, then insert the vacuum hose. Place the hose nozzle flush against one of the garments in the bag, and remove the air by sucking it out through the garments. The vacuum nozzle won't stick to the side of the bag, you get more air out, and get a tighter seal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: