Site Search:

Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Taiwanese - Want to practice English with someone from U.S.?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beancurdturtle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Taiwanese - Want to practice English with someone from U.S.? Reply with quote

Hello everyone. It's been a long time since I posted here, but I thought this may be a good place to bring up this idea.

I am traveling to Taiwan in June. My girlfriend (who was born in Taiwan) and my son are going with my. So I will have my girlfriend to keep me company, but my son will be what we call "the third wheel."

So here's my idea. Find some people around my son's age who would like to meet up with us. I can think of three reasons this would be good.

1. It will give some young people in Taiwan a chance to practice English with a nice young guy from the U.S.

2. It will give my son a chance to interact with people his age in a country other than the U.S. his home country. He has never been out of the U.S. until now.

3. If he goes to a night market or something with a new Taiwanese friend, then me and my girlfriend would have time to do some sightseeing ourselves.

We plan to be in Taiwan for 3 weeks. We will start a few days in Taipei, then start traveling south on the high speed rail and stop in Hsinchu, Taichung, Chiayi, Tainan, and Kaohsiung. We'll spend from one to a few days in and around the stops to see the sights, try the food, and visit the night markets.

Then we'll go east to Taitung - then north through Ruiesui, Hualien, Taroko Gorge, Juifen, and Keelung. Again stopping for long enough the see the sights. Then we will have a few days to rest in Taipei and get ready to fly back to the U.S.

If you're interested in maybe meeting up, seeing sights with us - or showing us the sights you are proud of in your city - please let me know. Here are photos so you can see who you are.

My son:
http://beancurdturtle.com/ImageGallery/Robin/

Me and my girlfriend:
http://beancurdturtle.com/ImageGallery/HsiHouandDaniel/

We're looking forward to a great vacation.

�Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.�
--Dr. Seuss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dave's ESL Cafe's Student Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: